View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 13, 2018, 9:24 PM
Architectural Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerDude View Post
I don't understand selling these units with pre-installed, pre-selected interiors ... for the prices they are charging the people buying them should be able to afford to have all the interior decorating done by contractors of their choosing. It would also reduce the cost of building the towers in the first place.
When we toured both One57 and 432 Park, the upper most floors were going to be delivered as blank slates for the price indicated. It is up to the buyer to find an architect, designer and all related professionals to make your unit as you want it.
The lower floors will all be finished according to their brochures with substantial upgrades made available for a pocket full of coin.
Most new developments will offer you that option if you want to do your own thing....with each building having their own set of rules and policies.
I see both positive and negative points with these options. On the positive you don't have to do a thing but sign the contract. BUT with your signature comes additional fees to finish as indicated.
On the negative, I feel when you are spending $125 mil for a top floor penthouse, NOTHING should carry an extra fee. It appears the builders and developers believe once they have you, they can take your bank account and then the fun (for them) begins.
Our highline fronting unit came fully built out as indicated in their plans but we asked if we were able to make some common sense changes and they agreed. The extra work was equal to what they charged us so it was not a big deal. I tell you, placement of doors and storage cabinets makes a huge difference....and having his and his master bathrooms would have turned out to be wasted space. We took that space and added a significant amount of room for a sitting/media area.
I cannot begin to imagine the excitement/anticipation/frustration of buying and owning one of the penthouses in any of these super talls! Having a year or two of waiting after your purchase would make me go nuts waiting....