View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Even 15 months is absurd.

I'm in NYC but not in the area affected by this shutdown. If I was, I'd be up in the faces of the local politicians to demand a detailed project plan from the MTA. I STRONGLY suspect that they could get this done in 6 months if they made a maximal effort, and used the best planning and contracting methodologies.
I'm sure the MTA could get this done in 6 months or so, but if they do it in a timely and efficient manner, the contractors and unions won't be able to milk the taxpayer/riders, like they did on the SAS.

The fact that they STILL don't have a real alternative for L Train commuters is absolutely absurd, and senior managers, and directors at the MTA need to lose their job and pensions over it. Of course, they never will. They'll have had close to five years to figure something out, and they're still talking about buses moving tens of thousands of people every morning and evening, over an already congested bridge.

The sheer level of incompetence, negligence, and blatant disregard for taxpayer and ridership money makes me either think the people who run this agency are literally the most incompetent people on the planet, or they're just genuinely not interested in a building and maintaining a modern and efficient mass transit system.

And we have another round of fare hikes to look forward to! Yay!