View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 13, 2004, 4:13 PM

/\ those are all excellent ideas. i especially like the ideas about approving large projects and the announcements about headquarters moving to your city. your first idea is the best though. that would be really nice.

i'll add a few.

- full 3d graphics. this game won't be out for 3 years. computers will be faster by then. they'll be able to handle it. besides, i have a feeling that a 3d engine would work better on any computer with a fast video card. rendering so many 2d sprites is hard on the processor, especially when so much power is required to calculate everything else in the game. a more video card intesive engine would remove strain from the cpu and definitely be good.

- free camera movement. with the 3d engine you would be able to fly the camera around anywhere. you could see your city from any angle or any location. that would be sweet.

- free hand road mapping. i'm tired of having roads based on 45 degree angles. i want to be able to draw out twisty roads, or roads at other angles.

- funny shaped lots. buildings on sharp corners are the best. i'd like to be able to have corners with buildings like that. this would also include agled zoning.

- bridges at any angle.

- less of the unsuitable grade for construction bullshit.

- pedestrian malls. i'd love to be able to build a city entirely without cars. just public transit and pedestrian only streets.

- seasons. i'm tired of having all of my cities be in california. i want there to be seasons.

i'll think of more later.