View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 18, 2004, 1:41 PM

1. Separate bike trails with commuting functionality (i.e. allow Sims to make their "commutes" on bike trails)

2. Improve street labeling system -- right now, if you upgrade a street to a road, and there is a street label in that area, the label disappears. I'd also like to be able to designate regional highways and have them labeled/numbered on the region view.

3. More rewards. For example, extra radio/TV stations, a daily newspaper, various corporate HQs. Maybe allow one city per region to be a "capital city" and be the primary seat of government for that region. Stuff like that to keep it fresh.

4. Scalable public buildings. I like the sliding scale funding, but I'd also like to be able to build my schools and hospitals vertically when needed, instead of eating more horizontal space.

Other people's ideas that I agree with...

* Twisty roads
* Be able to partially demolish a zone (e.g., get rid of a parking lot or yard but keep the building)
* Put bus stops on the sidewalk, put subways under buildings, instead of hogging an entire tile
* Be able to toggle views to only see public buildings, only see libraries, only see elementary schools, etc.