View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 1:50 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleWhiteOut View Post
There's finally some movement at the huge lot at 27th and Girard?? That's huge news for the corridor!
Not the huge lot, the smaller one at the southeast corner of 27th and Girard. The big one was being shopped around to developers earlier this year but was too expensive for most to take the gamble on-- I'm not sure what the status of it is right now but I wouldn't be surprised if someone has it under contract.

Quote:
This one is particularly interesting! I know that some still consider this area to be Brewerytown, but a lot of people also consider this area to be Strawberry Mansion. Development is going to hit The Mansion hard in the coming years, I can feel it!
The lot a few doors south of the one I mentioned is getting a 17 unit building so that block is going to get pretty busy soon. The rest of Strawberry Mansion is going to take awhile but the housing stock there is great. There has already been some resistance from old time residents there and unlike some other neighborhoods, a larger proportion own their homes.