View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 20, 2009, 9:03 PM

this press release came out but i never saw it in the herald:

September 18, 2009
Government to undertake a cross-ministry review of the Calgary Metropolitan Plan

Alberta Municipal Affairs Minister Ray Danyluk released the following statement after meeting with the Calgary Regional Partnership on Friday, September 18.

“I want to acknowledge all members of the Partnership for their tremendous efforts over the last four years to bring this plan forward. The members saw that a strategic plan would help guide the region through growth and they took action.

I have informed the Partnership that the province will undertake a cross-ministry review of the plan, which will involve all relevant ministries. This will ensure the plan aligns with provincial policy. Having Alberta’s municipalities work together is essential to the success of our province, and I believe this is a better plan because of the involvement of both rural and urban municipalities.

Once the review is complete, I will advise the Partnership of the findings and any further direction with respect to the plan and its content.”

-30-