View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 11, 2012, 6:28 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Ryall View Post
I would consider the original proposals dead, but according to Carlisle Corp.'s last public statement about the development (known to me) there will be a future proposal for "One Beale". Gene Carlisle moved his HQ out of the Peabody Place Tower, had the chance to move to Olive Branch with incentives and chose to stay on his downtown land. The former One Beale sales center was renovated & expanded into the Carlisle Corp.'s HQ with hope that he would be able to demolish it and break ground on something "striking" when market & lending conditions allow.
Do you have an idea on what the demand is downtown for rental and condo units and what percentage is occupied? That is a prime piece of real estate, hopefully something nice will be proposed and built there; hopefully nothing remotely similar to the Horizon.

If the need is there for rental and condo units this would be the time for some developer to step up to the plate and get a hotel on board with 300 or so rooms, especially around Beale Street since the Hilton and whoever else are facing their various problems.

Its just hard for me to think that a tower would be proposed in the next 5 to 10 years. Having an anchor commercial tenant is almost key and there's too many proposals of new, cheaper office space out east. I guess that's why being able to fill a 400' tower with almost all residential and hotel space is probably one of the only scenarios of a new tower being built anytime soon.

Last edited by arkitekte; Sep 11, 2012 at 6:39 PM.