View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 27, 2013, 3:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
Holy chit!! I had no idea that the CBD in Atlanta was that packed full of midrise to 25/30 floor office buildings. It looks to have as much office space as Downtown LA or Philly for a metro area of its size that is very impressive.

We always talk about how burban ATL is but it seems like a decent percentage of the metro must work downtown/midtown. The linear way it is constructed is deceiving but these shots reveal there really is quite a bit there, frankly I just haven't seen a thread that has showed this off.

How much office space is there? See here in San Diego very few people work downtown so maybe growing up here has kind of thrown me off. Rarely do you meet someone and they say "I work downtown" the percentage of office space in the SD metro that is downtown is very small.
Downtown & Midtown combined is 50 million sq. ft., Buckhead is 21 million sq. ft. and the Central Perimeter area is 29 million sq. ft. (this area would remind you of UTC/La Jolla). These are the largest office markets will rail service, there is one other large one without on the NW side, Cumblerland/Galleria with approximately 23 million sq. ft.

Total office space for metro Atlanta is approximately 221 million sq. ft., of which 110 million sq. ft. is Class A space.

Source: http://www.colliers.com/~/media/File...ketReport.ashx

Last edited by atlantaguy; Oct 27, 2013 at 4:08 AM.