View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 1, 2011, 2:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
This project is a monstrosity and should not be allowed to go forward as planned. I think the city should tell White Lodging if they want to build a convention center hotel, they need to make more of an effort than using the cheapest methods and the most generic form of design before just plain ugliness. I say the Mayor needs to inform them that if they cant come up with a comparable proposal like the Manchester Convention Center hotel, then they should not build it. That location is more deserving of the Manchester than what White Lodging is proposing.
Before I saw the Manchester proposal, this White Lodge proposal seemed ok, now I agree with Jdawgboy. Its in White Lodging's best interest, also, to try to come close to Manchester's better design because if both get built, I would think more people would choose the better looking tower to stay in.
And yeah, we're spoiled after years of living with a substandard skyline for a city this size, we deserve better architecture, material, taller heights. I think we need at least 4 more 600 - 800 footers, half a dozen 400 -500 footers, and eight 200 - 350 footers for fill ins. And I don't object to the use of reflective glass. Check out the JW Marriot in Indianapolis.