View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 30, 2010, 1:21 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
Is this the building you're talking about? http://www.emporis.com/application/?...orleans-la-usa
It apparently has a gruesome past: "A fire on November 29, 1972, resulted in 6 fatalities. One was a result of smoke inhalation and five were the result of jumping from the 15th floor to escape the inferno."

I have noticed that there has been some work done (though not much) when I pass by on my way to 1010 Common. There also appears to be some work being done on the row of two-story commercial buildings just across Rampart St. If anyone has any more info on either of these, I would love to hear it.

This is one area of downtown with more than its share of dilapidated structures, so any development would be welcome.

In other news, I can report that the renovations of Dinwiddie and Richardson hall at Tulane are complete along with the street and drainage projects. The construction of the new residential hall is well underway. And construction on the new basketball/volleyball practice facility will soon be underway. I also hear that (for better or for worse) a new football stadium is almost certainly going to be built uptown.
A new football stadium? where would they put that?