View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 31, 2013, 5:37 PM
Community Guy

Inconceivable Adventures Await at Movies on the Square

July 30, 2013

Action, intrigue and adventure abound at Movies on the Square. Bring your lawn chair to Sir Winston Churchill Square and soak in Edmonton’s warm summer evenings while watching epic family movies on a 3-storey high inflatable screen.

This ultimate outdoor movie experience will include pre-movie entertainment, prizes and giveaways. Popcorn, pop and other movie snacks will be available from on-site concessions. Closed captioning will be offered when available. Admission is free.

As part of its centennial celebrations, the Edmonton Public Library has partnered with Movies on the Square to feature the much-loved, audience participation version of The Princess Bride. Devoted fans are encouraged to bring props and dress as their favourite character, then act out the movie along with the performers.

If the sun and surf are more your style, be sure to join in on the fun the following evening during a special beach-themed Movies on the Square celebration, featuring the family-favourite film Despicable Me.

Dates:
Friday August 2, 2013 – The Princess Bride
Saturday August 3, 2013 – Despicable Me
Time: Pre-movie entertainment begins at 7:30pm.
Feature film starts at dusk.
102 Avenue & 100 Street
Admission: Free
Getting there
Take the worry out of driving and parking by riding ETS to Movies on the Square.

Please note: Movie titles may change on short notice. Severe weather conditions may result in the cancellation of this event. Call 311 for current event information.

Other 2013 Movies on the Square dates
August 30 & 31, 2013

For more information:

Online Contact 311 Online
Telephone
In Edmonton: 311

Outside Edmonton: 780-442-5311

TTY 780-944-5555
Email 311@edmonton.ca

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers