Thread: 2017 CFL Season
View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 4, 2017, 6:36 PM
Suburban dweller

Location: Calgary - our road planners are as bad as yours Edmonton
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandgoldguy View Post
So what was with the penalty against the Montreal Alouettes offensive lineman on the Als TD versus the Esks last night. TD was negated and Als settled for a field goal.

I'm not sure what the ref said...even the announcers were confused...something about the offensive lineman helping the running back into the end zone?

There was also an absolute bush league mistake by the official in charge of the clock. Inside the 3-minute warning at which point the time on the game clock and 20-second clock should not commence until the ref blows the whistle, the time on the game clock counted off 10 - 15 seconds before the 20-second clock commenced.

Even off-concussed Matt Dunigan noticed this while Rod Black was his usual clueless self. The mistake was never corrected by the officials. Just bush league!

I guess it didn't matter as the Eskies got a first down anyways and would have run out the clock even with an extra 10 seconds but what happens in the game where the opposition should have more time for a game-tying or game-winning drive following a punt?
He grabbed his player and pulled him into the endzone, you are not allowed to do that.

Albert Einstein