View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 28, 2007, 5:38 PM
CHACUN SON GOÛT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
Thanks.
I was thinking that if the trees were placed on the outer edge of walkway-basically where the left lanes are now, then it would really wouldn't block the veiw of the capitol. Plus I was only suggesting a central walk between 7th and 10th not 3rd and 7th and even that would still have a grassy center between the side-walks. There are lots of narrow growing trees but I was thinking something like alternating palms and orange trees (which can be kept narrow by shearing) would be very California looking and after all since this is California's capitol I think it should look like it belongs in this state. This two-block section would be kind of like a western extention of Capitol Park and kinda like a California version of the Mall in DC.

My idea is that on one half of the mall the cars get the best view and closer you get to the capitol the pedestrians get the best view. I'm a landscape designer so I'm naturally interested in such things.
Now you are talking that sounds good.

As long as you keep the Citrus trees short, you know that they would be the only green trees in the Winter, too. Maybe crepe myrtles too, keep them small or camellia trees/bushess, they keep their flowers for a long time, or japanese maples, again keep them stunted and small some how.