View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 2, 2008, 6:14 PM
Is now in Hamilton, eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by I, Sinclair View Post
This has been my experience anyhow, as a wireless IT guy, but it might not be typical of other professions.

There is a commuter rail line to downtown Toronto, but it is woefully primitive by european standards.

I don't know what the English equivalent is, but Toronto and Hamilton are like Edinburgh and Glasgow. 50 miles (well more like 60km) and a world apart. Lots of bluster from Hamilton and lots of disdain from Toronto.

It is a very positive thing for the city, and the rivalry is purely superficial (except for football, where it is clearly a matter of life or death). Hamilton and Toronto are becoming more integrated economically and socially every year.
I'll spend my first year as a student, so hopefully the job thing won't be too huge and issue when I graduate. Though I will have to work on the side.

I hope that Hamilton and Toronto get more connected. I'm currently reading through the thread about the transit changes, The future of Hamilton's public transit , I'm on page 20ish of more than 40ish pages lol. It's very interesting reading. But I am enjoying this thread a lot too, so I am skipping back and forth.