View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 8:16 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by liat91 View Post
Could you provide a list (and map if possible) of what temporary structures are going up and when, and super-impose what permanent structures are going up,
and when, and what temporary structures they will be replacing. I know you know NYguy, gotta give it up. lol
I haven't done anything like that yet, but here you can get a basic idea of where things are now compared to the map of the redevelopment plan. (Luna Park is in danger!)

Steeplechase Plaza is on the western end of the amusement zone, so perhaps rebuilding will move from that end. The four Surf Avenue sites in purple are to be hotels as high as 30 stories.
The sites of the two on the right have been cleared by Thor Equities. A temporary building has gone up on the site of the Stillwell Avenue hotel, directly accross from the subway terminal.
A lot of people are upset because its the first thing you see when coming out of the terminal. We'll see what he makes of it in the coming months.

I marked where existing sites are on the map...

You can also see in the Steeplechase Plaza renderings the transition to boardwalk level.
The carousel pavilion will be a prominent feature of the boardwalk for years to come.

Meanwhile, more prep is underway for the season...

Brooklyn Hilary

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Mar 23, 2012 at 8:32 AM.