Thread: Calgary Roads
View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 3, 2012, 2:25 AM
Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahoo View Post
I know there are often reasons why things aren't done, but perhaps instead of building 4 car stations - at great expense, the money should have went towards the long awaited downtown tunnel. If that was built and allowed faster service then it would have been a better result. Stand by the train tracks heading north from downtown at 5:30. You'll see a lot of 1/2 full train cars. You'll also see surprisingly empty train cars in the morning. I'm not sure what happened, but it seems we no longer need 4 car trains (yet anyway)

You're correct - all idea's come with costs. I think most of the ideas I mentioned though wouldn't be as expensive as 1 overpass. And I certainly wouldn't expect them to occur overnight, or even succeed right away. But future generations might be happy.

(I know I said I'd quit yapping so much, but I'm just replying to questions lol)
We need 4-car trains. We needed them 7 years ago. I get on at Canyon Meadows station in the morning and it's standing room only. This is the third stop on the south line.

We also need the 8th ave subway along with SE LRT pretty badly.