Thread: LEGO Skylines
View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 16, 2012, 8:39 PM
Art Deco Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjb001 View Post
Here's this year's modular house!

Town Hall

This is the largest modular house set yet and includes over 2,700 pieces!
This set is very nice for two reasons.
1. It is a nice bit of LEGO architecture on its own. It is interesting that the columns have a built-up design rather than use the new fluted 2x2 round bricks.
2. The existence of the set will allow me to complete a large model of Detroit's exotic Art-Deco Guardian Building since the town hall set has kept Dark Orange LEGO bricks in production.

I am guessing the price will be $199.95 since the other modular sets give you about 2,100 parts for $149.95.

navyweaxguy:
These look like good designs, however you should be able to cut parts costs considerably from the $780 you quoted by using Bricklink to get most of your parts instead of online LEGO pick-a-brick. If there is a LEGO store nearby to you, you may luck out on the in-store pick-a-brick wall since the pricing is by volume (what fits in a cup or box) as apposed to the online pricing which is on a per brick basis. I ended up getting at least a dozen different parts in quantity for my LEGO Fisher Building at my local LEGO store which added up to a not inconsiderable cost savings since version 3 of my building probably uses 20,000 more parts than the previous one.