View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2005, 2:41 PM

I don't really shop that much. But I do worry about retail, because it is one of the factors in a vibrant streetlife in our cities.

Anyway who needs TARGET etc. I just shop at the normal stores and wait for sales.

I seem to always find something at WAL-MART prices or better, but better quality at regular stores.

It just takes going into the stores and looking.

Example. I was downtown shopping on Yonge. Went into the David Bitton store. Got a pair of black shorts I was looking for. Regular price $79.00. I got them on sale for $18.00. Last years stock.

Also on Yonge Street, I went into a really expensive store that was doing a renovation sale. Got a $80.00 shirt for $9.99. I know the prices from that store before the reno sale, and those shirts were $80.00.

THE BAY always runs great sales in the menswear department. I get lots of designer stuff there for cheap. I work there usually at Christmas. So that is when I stock up on clothing also at reduced rates. Got $100.00 pants for 30 bucks with all my discounts.

So like I said. Who needs TARGET. Just shop the normal stores and get good deals. Just takes a nice stroll downtown on the street to find the sales.