View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 3:55 PM

They hid the weekly real estate briefs when they revamped Al.com, but I had assumed they weren't running them. I saw these tow things from the last two weeks and noone has mad mention of either.
Hancock Bank has leased the first floor of St. Emanuel Place at the corner of St. Emanuel and Dauphin streets, according to Rebecca Byrne of White-Spunner & Associates , who represented the bank. The bank will move to the 3,651-square-foot space in April. Building owner Tilmon Brown of JTB Group is finishing 11 loft apartments on the second and third floors, and those will be leased.
and from the same link...
Developer Bo Wilson of Mobile says he has not decided what he will do with the former Gayfers store building on Dauphin Street. He is an investor in Island Investments , whose offer to buy the building for $1.2 million was accepted by the school board. Wilson has developed numerous condominium projects, including Legacy Key and Vista Bella in Orange Beach. The developer has 90 days to inspect the building before making a final decision to buy. An earlier offer for the same amount fell through
http://www.al.com/business/press-reg...620.xml&coll=3
At least we know some part of the St. Emanuel project is moving because I doubt this Hancock Bank will be willing to sit around and wait for snails pace progress like we have seen on the loft portion.

Bob Baumhower , the owner of Wings Sports Grilles , has moved to office space in Fort Conde Village off Royal Street while working on plans to renovate the former Roussos restaurant building at 166 S. Royal St. He is leasing and has an option to purchase the 15,000-square-foot restaurant building.
http://www.al.com/business/press-reg...890.xml&coll=3
Nice to see that building won't just sit empty. I assume he was saying they would use that building for their offices. I know that building is pretty vast on the inside so it seems like quite a bit of office space. I wish they would put a restaraunt back in that building. Rousso's was such a landmark downtown. I wonder how business is across the bay?