View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 17, 2009, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b31den View Post
...They give off a vibe that if you weren't born & raised in Canmore then you are a second-class citizen who should GTFO. ...
That's getting to be fairly minor now. Lots of them cashed in and moved to Cochrane. I hope they feel as unwelcome there as they made others feel here.

Quote:
Pretty poor mentality for a town that has no real industry and is totally reliant on second-home owners and tourists.
Ain't that the truth

Quote:
Overall Canmore has the most douche factor of any place I have ever visited or lived in.
Love it

When it comes to nimby's, hypocrites, eco-fascists and enviro-weenies, Canmore's got that market cornered.

Worst are the hypocrites. eg. People profess to be all-caring about the environment and then go for a walk with their dog down a trail not bothering to pick up the feces as they go and then get to a wildlife corridor and let their dog off-leash (forbidden) to chase deer and elk. Rules are great .........for other people. "My dog is different".

As for the politics, I swear Tooker Gomberg must have 50 relatives in this town.