View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 4, 2010, 11:25 PM

I would argue against a full fledged highway too. I don't think that's what the city of Vancouver actually needs, since our downtown core is very compact. What should of been done when all these roads were built, was build them with plenty of room to develop. Have long left turn lanes at busy intersections so that a divider for oncoming traffic could be put in place, forbidding left turns onto side streets. Or put one of those double lanes down the middle so that cars can turn left but do not block traffic. Again I have to hand it to the city of Surrey since this works very well on Scott Rd., KGB, 72nd, 64th, 152nd, and 128th This should of been done down on all the major roads through Vancouver. Imagine driving down Kingway WB and having to turn left onto Gladstone and never blocking traffic... Or having to turn left onto 33rd from NB Knight and never blocking traffic. Cars would be moving through Vancouver considerably faster, it would of eased a large portion of the congestion also.
It's just too bad that on almost all the major roads, there is no where to develop anymore. Gotta love living in Delta and working in Surrey!

That makes sense about allowing one but forbidding the other, but it should be common sense to those people as to why. Also, they have back alleys/side streets for parking why do they need to park on a major road?