View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2008, 9:00 PM

The vast Interweb. Surrey actually posts a lot of information on their web site if you dig far enough. Also most public information regarding any of the cities in the region are posted on ihost web sites so http://surrey.ihostez.com. New developments you'll typically find under the Planning Reports. Unfortunately they don't post anything there typically until it has gone to council so things that are on the desk of a planner in CP&D are difficult to find.

Comes down to luck with some things. I've known about the proposal for a while now but don't like posting anything until it's somewhat public and when it showed up on the updated April 15th City Center construction list, I figured it was more than just a rumour.

Like I said in my first post, I'm also in the process of building basically a 3D Surrey representation with the high-rises that are done, under construction, and proposed. It's actually neat right now when I pop the current build up and 'fly' around to see different views how the downtown Surrey core will look in about 5-10 years if that.

If everything I know of is done in 5 or so years (conceivable), Surrey will look much like Burnaby's skyline is today. Add to that the 10-15 additional high-rises that Surrey has said are on their planners' desks but haven't been mentioned in the public, and the future looks good.

I'll post my 3D model in a different thread at some point when I'm happy with the version. It's still a bit rough and inaccurate in spots. I'd love to get some other people doing similar for the other cities in the region. Burnaby, New West, Richmond, Coquitlam, etc.