View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2012, 7:01 AM

Okay, finally another update. Don't worry, the project is still chugging along.

Here's a different stylized view of downtown (in case you forgot what it looked like):

Along the river near the baseball stadium, I have a new office building. There's more to add to that area but i want to show you more when it's finished:

Here's more of the hospital. You can see the sign for 'Monaca General Hospital' with the other buildings I've already shown you and a few around that are not done yet:

And here's the view of the other side. The building with the green cone on top is the older portion of the hospital. The redder brick in the previous picture is a recent addition. Also, you can see the highway in the foreground, sandwiched between portions of the hospital complex:

Now for the interesting stuff:

The eastern half of the university campus is coming along nicely. I have most of it massed out but have a lot of detailing to finish. I want to show you some of the work so far though. Below is the campus library with a few other campus buildings in the background. I want to put a map together that label all the buildings and uses for the campus.

Last and certainly not least is the performing arts center on campus. It is mostly done but may need a little more detail and some landscaping in the future. But i was particularly proud of how I modeled part of the interior because of the translucent windows. I think it makes it more interesting:

I have been wanting to update more on this but I ended up going to graduate school for my masters in engineering. Oh well, haha. It's still a fun hobby and helps with my CAD skills. I hope you enjoy!

And as always, comments / constructive criticism are always appreciated.