View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 30, 2009, 10:01 PM
no its not...

I do like the big plays....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoCSU05 View Post
personally, i don't care if it scores points and wins games. then again...i come from a baseball background, so i actually appreciate strategy and the likes of things people consider "boring". an 80 yard bomb to rod smith in the super bowl (that they almost don't broadcast) is exciting to watch, but i care more about a "W" and a ring than anything else. i'm a sports fan, not someone who needs to be lured into games by home runs, throwing bombs and slam dunks.

...but I like a defensive battle too...like in baseball where its a pitchers battle for 8 or 9 innings. But in football, I like balsy plays like when Elway did the sideways windmill into the end zone, knowing he was going to get slammed. I liked watching Cookie Gilcrist run over people. I liked watching Dick Butkus hit Floyd little so hard he didn't know which huddle to go to. I guess I like winning too, but its fun to see wild plays... making for a great memories. My favorite teams have always been the in your face ones like Chicago, Pittsburgh Oakland, Baltimore...and at times The Broncos. Finesse football like new England and to some degree Indianapolis, Dallas and at times the old San Francisco with its west coast offense with three short passes to make a first down. I find boring. But thats me.