View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 26, 2012, 3:10 AM

Location: The absolute western-most point of the Philadelphia urbanized area. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
The preferred corridor for high-speed rail passes through Fort Wayne on the way to Toledo. The tracks are straighter, not as busy, and serving Fort Wayne is better than the other option, which is to serve South Bend/Elkhart.

Since Ohio wants nothing to do with rail service, though, we'd have to start with a Chicago-Ft Wayne line and worry about a Toledo extension later. However, even Indiana is on the fence about rail service, and they've made no motions toward upgrading Chicago-Indy service. In fairness, though, the biggest problems on that line are in Illinois, not Indiana.
Yeah, at least 4 years later or whenever Kasich goes away. I agree that it is a high-priority HSR line. It is a line that will eventually link 3 of the largest economic centers in the region.

Regarding Indiana tho, I thought part of this HSR corridor that just got the green light for 110 mph goes through a portion of northern Indiana and uses a portion of the Chicago-to-Ft. Wayne line. Maybe I'm wrong...