View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 13, 2018, 3:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I've never gotten that impression from either of those sources. Maybe you got a couple of links ready to fire off from your clipboard you're ready to share if someone dares to suggest otherwise?

This should have just been another post in the discussion thread. Of course that's your decision and you can do whatever you want, I just don't buy the whole victim thing where you suddenly woke up and realized you were being lied to abut Bham's HC system by the media and just discovered that there was a much larger "peer" city out there with a metro area that practically owns the middle of an entire state to itself that has a larger number of jobs.

To me that's nothing surprising to learn at all.

That's like finding out that because Nashville has billions more restaurants like McDonald's, Waffle Houses and KFC's that Birmingham can't possibly claim a good food scene because there are SOOO many more places to get a 99c hamburger in middle Tennessee. And remember, saying we have a "good" food scene really means that I am claiming the Birmingham food scene is the best in the Universe.

Mmmk? Do you read the BBJ? Apparently not. You find things hard to believe that are realities to many people every day.

I looked at several sources about HC information and Birmingham was rarely mentioned. It's just not the powerhouse I feel like I was told.

I read your other posts and I see now that you're a Birmingham Booster (or so others have called you), that makes more sense.

Don't get me started on the food. I do travel for my job and I can tell you that Birmingham might have a good food scene for it's size but it doesn't compete with big cities by a wide margin. Also, if it weren't for the, IMO overrated, Highlands, Bham would rarely make a food list.