View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 31, 2018, 7:32 PM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiego_urban View Post
I was hoping someone here would know more about the timeline. It's great seeing taller towers being built in the eastern of downtown.

Anyone know if there is any movement going on at 7th & Market yet?
Honestly, for residential high-rise projects, if it's not Bosa, Pinnacle, Alexan, or a project tied to the city (Park & Market, 7th & Market) I don't see much getting done anytime soon.

We have had a rash of towers proposed from obscure LLC entities who are just trying to get their entitlement permits done so they can increase the value of their properties for future sale.

I mean, maybe this one will be different, but eh. The only way I see them actually being built is if one of the larger development companies buys them and decides to move forward (as Bosa did with the the Block) or they could just squash the project entirely to eliminate competition.

As for 7th and Market, from what we last heard they were going to break ground in Q1 or Q2 2019 for a 2021 completion date. Keep your fingers crossed!

Also, a friend at the downtown partnership told me that the owners of the Californian are currently negotiating with their opponents to reach an agreement that preserves the old building but also permits a new tower on-site. Who knows if that'll work out...