View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 26, 2017, 1:03 PM
YIMBY co-founder

My commentary:

GAH! Get a long-term plan already! Obviously there are no new long-term plans since the 60s. The yellow branch ought to be a full new 4th subway line that should include most of the new Red line. Though IMO it ought to not do that huge sharp western bend and instead go straight under the inner city with new transfer stations to all the other lines (and commuter rail) on it's way. This would line up pretty nicely and create a line that would alter the hub-and-spoke set up of the network far more than the current plans.
here's how I'd do it (with some more ideas for other rail infra extensions added: https://www.google.se/maps/@59.32104...tCnqOl8IqwobEo

I'm not doubting the actual professional planners (that much). I'm just seeing so many small fairly short-term deals made by politicians that sabotage good things coming from this.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall