View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 21, 2018, 4:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
I actually live in a flat neighborhood in the East End (Morningside) but I'm not getting a Healthy Ride Station (though I ride my own bike, so it's no big deal to me personally). Nor are we seeing much in the way of new development aside from the new senior apartments being built in our "business district."

The neighborhood certainly is gentrifying however. Four years ago, when we moved out of Lawrenceville and bought our home, we purchased at the highest price out of any homes on the market in the neighborhood. Now there are homes being bought for twice what we paid for ours. The rental homes are increasingly taken up by college students as well, considering all the young people I see getting on the 75 in front of my house in the morning. I just wish that all of this meant our local retail options were improving - we can't even seem to keep a coffeeshop open.
I've always liked Morningside. It has that 'tucked away but still right in the city' character to it. It's very un-Pittsburgh in some way, in that it has those very long (for Pittsburgh), straight stretches of dense early "suburban" development... but very Pittsburgh at the same time.

I think it's a great location... a quieter part of the greater East End, with close access to East Liberty and Lawrenceville, bordering the park, river frontage, and easy access to 28. It seems like higher quality retail is only a matter of time, as more younger folks move in. And it they ever get things together on that Allegheny riverfton trail/connection to the Heth's Run greenway, it would be beautfiul.