View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 25, 2012, 1:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroycreate View Post
Your photography skills and the quality of your photography has really been impressive lately. Did you purchase a new camera or something?
Nope, same camera. I've been using the same camera (Canon S95) for a little over a year now. The only thing that changed is that I'm processing the images now (i.e. adjusting contrast, exposure, etc). Other than that, I've just become more selective of what shots I take when I'm actually out taking them and more conscious of what angle bests fits the subject.

Quote:
Some of these areas of SF actually feel, in my opinion, very dingy and run-down. I don't think gentrification would necessarily be a bad thing. I guess I'm one of those people who don't think hood = better.
I don't think hood is "better", but depending on who you are the hood can feel more accepting than the "nice" neighborhoods. Ultimately it's just about where you're comfortable... I understand why some wouldn't feel comfortable in Lakeview just as I understand why some wouldn't feel comfortable in Cow Hollow. Personally, I'm comfortable just about wherever I go in the City... there's one or two exceptions on the far extremes of the spectrum (Hunters Point projects, Mission Bay) that I'd probably feel uncomfortable in but in general, I feel I can go most places without being conscious of where I am or what other people are doing relative to me. The exceptions are generally places that I have no reason to go to anyway so they rarely ever cross my mind.