View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 14, 2004, 4:05 PM
joining the rail club

sweet articles Dave...i've been out of town until this morning, so it's nice to catch up on everything. i heard the DSL is staying i'm very happy about that decision; however, the two campus idea has merit, but i'm still worried this is a ploy to build a centralized campus and slowly divert funds, resources, and eventually ALL the students from Carlisle to PSU. i hope that is not their (Spanier and PSU) intention. but it seems as if the university and law school are considering more interfaces with curriculm, which is what i suggested they do with the 60+ million in funds.

i noticed the new laboratory going on at 2nd and chestnut streets a while back, but i think it's only gonna be 2 levels high. i could be wrong though. i think this is just another step in consolidating services at HBG Hosptial, so PinnacleHealth can vacate Poly Clinic eventually. it's been a long term goal for the hospital to strip Poly Clinic and move services and hospital beds to other facilities. i know the mayor has been trying to come up with new ideas for redevelopment of the poly clinic campus, including part of the new university. also, hacc has just added on-site services at poly clinic, so maybe it will continue to be around in the near distant future. IMO i think this area needs more hospitals, not less of them.

i'm going to the brewersfest...i already bought tickets for my girlfriend and i. i'm hoping to get some of my friends to go as well. i'm sure some of them will...maybe get something to eat afterwards or do the bar crawl scene DT should be interesting...i might be walking home to Camp Hill...lol. are you going Dave?