View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 3, 2012, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisville_sky View Post
We all have differing opinions over where the city dodged a bullet or not. I, for one, think we did not. Downtown is hungry for skyscraper growth (no significant skyscraper in nearly 20 years), and not everyone believes Museum Plaza was unattractive (I know it's hard to believe on this forum).

How do you know the office space would have been overpriced? And as far as being out of scale for offices, the class A vacancy rate downtown as of the 4th quarter of 2010 was just 6.7%. Downtown is hardly overrun w/vacant office space. And as for luxury condos, there are other smaller towers east and northeast of downtown. Waterfront Park Place is the only luxury condo tower downtown, but not the only one in the city.

And, in your opinion, a project shouldn't be too large that it hinders future projects in the city? That makes no sense to me. Don't develop too much at once because it would hinder future development? Doesn't development equal development no matter how much is done at once?
Sorry, but you are very naive. There is also a reason a significant skyscraper hasnt been built in the cbd for 20 years, simply no need for one.