View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 7:42 PM
It could be worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBY View Post
I've probably said it before in another post, not sure, but I'd love to see San Ysidro built up, with a corresponding build up on the other side of the Border.
No doubt that there's poor planning on both sides of the border. Can't speak for TJ, but SD has made some recent baby steps. On the same day as the California Theatre vote the city unanimously approved the Otay Mesa Central Village Specific Plan. I think it's supposed to be around 4000 homes:

Quote:
M.W. Steele is currently the master planner/ designer for a Specific Plan for 227 acres in the southernmost community of the City of San Diego.

The Central Village Specific Plan is a mixed-use urban village in the Otay Mesa Community developed around a neighborhood school, parks and a connecting “green street.”

It is planned as a highly walkable, compact design with bicycle facilities and BRT Transit. A mix of housing product types will ranges from 2-story townhomes to four-story “wrap” buildings.

We identified community-serving retail at two “pulse points” and gateways into the village, creating a Main Street experience.

With more than a 2 miles of active trails around dedicated open space and canyon preserve areas, the Otay Central Village will connect to the natural canyons and sweeping views that surround it.

http://www.mwsteele.com/otaycentralspecificplan