View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 26, 2017, 7:35 PM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by biguc View Post
You make a good point about how confused the rules are too. St. Vital is the worst offending part of the city, where it seems as though it's still an independent city making its own rules, on top of what the city is doing. The worst is on Dakota, which has a bike sidewalk and sharrows in the gutter.
It's called community pride.

Before your time, but base on my reading in the past, most or all suburban municipalities OPPOSED Centralized municipal gov't, aka known as "Unicity"...all except central City of Winnipeg proper.

Metro RulZ! Let's have a goal to de-amalgamate at least ONE suburb. How about St. B or Transcona in the next 10 yrs.?

Quote:
I noticed some hash marks on the south side of the Osborne bridge. It seems as though they're thinking of painting in sharrows or even shrinking vehicular lanes to accommodate bike lanes. Would be nice.
South Osborne Bridge (OV area) was always the sticking point of WHY despite its redoing in the past few years I still didn't feel comfy enough to ride on the bike lane, because it just narrows before Roslyn Rd.

Wouldn't want to be SB on Osbore Bridge bike lane, only to be "clipped" by a WT diesel bus.

Sorry, but I'll stick to where it's SAFE...on the sidewalk of that Bridge.