Thread: Winnipeg Jets
View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 12, 2018, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
I hate Vegas with a passion and I am glad the Caps beat them. Classless organization.
What's classless about Vegas? George McPhee has far and away proven he's already a HOF GM, and they guy's still young. He may already be one of the best GMs all time, in any sport.

I always hear people complaining how Vegas got it too easy in the expansion draft and don't "deserve" to be this good. Those people obviously don't pay attention much as most of Vegas' biggest stars, and difference makers all year and postseason, actually came over in deals and trades McPhee made with GMs. Any other team could have done it, but would be too scared because of emotional reasons. Vegas' players had never been together, so McPhee didn't have to show allegiance to anyone, as fans didn't know them either yet. They absolutely pillaged Florida for all they were worth.

He was brilliant in keeping almost all the deals he was planning behind closed doors. Had more GMs been aware of a lot of the deals in place, they may not have made some of them out of the fear of creating a monster team. It happened. McPhee deserves a medal.

Oh, let's also not forget he built the cup-winning Capitals team.