View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 11, 2015, 8:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushman61988 View Post
Also agreed. The great height of the tower helps break up the plateau of the skyline and maybe having a tower so tall would help usher in new buildings that would also help break up the height monotony. It look around 1,000 feet tall in this picture, but I think it would be amazing even if it was 700 or 800 feet. Maybe if it was simple, completely clad in a blue glass facade that is lit up at night... I also love the dome adjacent to the tower... kind of reminds me of the California Tower relative to the Museum of Man Dome.

I think this is more of a fantasy kind of rendering, but I would prefer a tower like this rather than a Ferris Wheel. Maybe the architect/artist who did this rendering could submit a design for this building with a location at the G-Street Mole instead of the Ferris Wheel proposal.

My problem with the Ferris Wheel is that it's already been done in London and now Vegas... why can't San Diego be unique or come up with something original? (Rhetorical question, I guess).

Or what if the Tower/Dome concept this architect proposes is combined with this Quigley/Saskai Concept for a complete re-design of Seaport Village (everyone forgot about this re-design proposal that won the competition):

I am looking forward to see this to be built in San Diego. I love this city!!