View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 16, 2018, 4:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastal View Post
Anyone? Yes.

I do. I walk to work and walk to get groceries. I have a car, and do use it... just not very frequently.
Very few people walk and bike, the reason I said that is because I am a walker and a biker and notice it.

Although I usually agree with MonctonRad, I don't agree with many of his reasons on this subject. I don't find too many hills at all aside from a big one I have on my way to work. I am an old and big guy (270 lbs) and yet I can go up this big hill no problem and yet I see most people half my age and size have to walk their bike up the hill.

I just think most people don't want to walk or bike and maybe are embarrassed to do it. I'm not sure what the reason is but I don't think the reasons detailed are correct, I don't think people are looking for excuses.

Part of the reason may be that, relatively speaking, we don't have much traffic so generally driving isn't frustrating.

I've lived in all three provinces and while there are some I've never found the granola eating lifestyle too common here. People have too much common sense.