View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 25, 2019, 5:10 AM
Be Happy!

Projects & Construction:
I want to thank the photographers and local businesses, sharing updates on projects, who make this thread possible. Without you, these updates won't happen.

Video Link

Bailey South:

Credit: winston_360

Credit: adam___reid

Courtyard by Marriott - Downtown:
yadkinv, at the WSTB Forum, is reporting this hotel will open in October 2019.

On the right side of this rainy photograph:

Credit: dvelphoto

Hyatt Place Hotel:
This project is moving very slowly. I expect completion to be delayed / pushed-back. I noticed they are reapplying for some permits? Recently shared massing studies have shown a taller building than what we've seen in previous renderings and recent numbers show more hotel rooms than originally planned, so maybe this project is scaling-up? I guess we will have to wait and see. This is an office and hotel project with underground parking. A bank has already pre-leased all of the office space.

Credit: vincerabil

Merschel Park:
Since part of the Hyatt Place underground parking deck is also under the eastern third of this park, construction of Merschel Park has slowed and completion will likely be pushed-back by a few months.

Credit: dominicgraymedia

Credit: idkhowtotakeaphoto

Downtown Hampton Inn & Suites:

Credit: rupertredbeard

Main & Third:

Credit: roghughe

Credit: chandlerconcretecompany

Credit: Fam Brownlee

Credit: Fam Brownlee

Liberty Park:
Forsyth County Commissioners authorized an agreement between the City and County for this $2 million demolition, design, and construction project. It will be constructed with the science museum by Frank L. Blum Construction. Work is expected to begin in the Fall. I'm guessing it will cost more than $2 million.

Sentinel Commons:

Video Link

A better rendering of the building's food hall:

Credit: sentinelcommons

Whitaker Park Mixed-use Project:
A regenerative medicine company will double their space at Whitaker Park. Their entire space is used for research and development. They expect to double their employment in Winston-Salem in the next few months and are talking about more than tripling their number of employees in Winston-Salem by 2020.

First Baptist Church Restoration:

Installing the copper roof:

Credit: piedmonttriadliving

Crystal Towers:
The Arden Group will be the developer. They expect to begin design work on the building around January 2021. This building requires a major renovation.

Radar Brewing Company:

Beer is at the end of the rainbow:

Credit: blackwellmb

Science & Office Building:
This building features a 240-seat flexible auditorium, over 30,000 square-feet of traditional and investigational lab spaces and a grand staircase that serves as a focal point of the atrium.

Credit: designcollectv

Grand Staircase:

Credit: designcollectv

Link Apartments Innovation Quarter:

Credit: linkaptsiq

Credit: linkaptsiq

Brickwork on the front of the building:

Credit: gtascione

Credit: blkappceo

Credit: adam___reid

Alternative Transportation:

East-West Expressway Demolition:

Credit: tim_hutch

Zagster Bike Share Expansion:

Bike share is now at Quarry Park:

Credit: usnccws

Low Line:

Credit: itsjustmewoo

Credit: randomrockstar

Bike & Pedestrian Land Bridge:
This bicycle commuter bridge, designed by California architect Walter Hood, is moving forward. It will have tall trees and landscaping on both sides of the bridge, to give cyclists the appearance of downtown emerging from a forest. It will be the first and only urban land bridge in the United States, so this is an exciting project to follow! Still waiting for the bicycle flyover ramps!

Credit: blkflycreative

Off-Subject:

Arts District, from Reboot Arcade Bar:

Credit: chriswself

Credit: marcus__shockley

A middle school, by famous Northeastern mansion architect Charles Barton Keen, on Silver Ridge in Winston-Salem's West Highlands Neighborhood:

Credit: winstonwatchman

Video Link

Pride Month:

Credit: tim_hutch

Sauratown Mountains (Highest elevations in the Winston-Salem Metro Area):

Credit: jwlindsley

If you like outdoor sports, such as mountain climbing, kayaking, mountain biking, rowing, fishing, hiking, etc., Winston=Salem has mountains, rivers, lakes and state & national parks inside its metro area. Winston-Salem is also located in the Carolinas' wine country.

Your City