View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 8, 2007, 9:28 PM

From the LBpost.com

NFL Football Stadium On Queen Mary Development Site?

Now that I have your attention, the answer is maybe. It’s a long shot maybe, but nonetheless, the NFL stadium idea has begun to circulate around town.

Jeff Klein, the developer has told the Press-Telegram that "we have been approached by some people I can't name that are affiliated with the NFL."

Can someone pinch me here...am I dreaming...is Long Beach finally going to start acting like the grown up metropolis that we are? We need to seriously consider this.

Long Beach is larger than the city of Miami and Cleveland, yet we often times act like the little brother to Los Angeles. We are better than LA, and Miami, and Cleveland.

Bringing an NFL team to Long Beach, or any national sports team and stadium to our Downtown is an idea we have to entertain. Imagine the tens of thousands of people spilling into our Pike and Pine Ave. restaurants every time there is a football game or a Britney Spears concert...well maybe not Britney Spears...but you get the point.

Not to mention the likely billions of dollars of global publicity that Long Beach would receive every time an event or game is broadcast on television or a 14 year old kid in Nebraska is seen wearing one of the team's jerseys or hats.

The possibilities on the site are endless; let's just hope that the developer and our city officials DREAM BIG.