View Single Post
Old Posted May 5, 2017, 4:02 PM

I'm predicting that LIT's Vegas nonstop via Southwest may be in trouble. I imagine there's still a bit of bleed from Memphis on that flight but this will end most of it:

http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/n...las-vegas.html

Frontier is opening a base there and I think this route will be successful and go daily sooner than later. They have had smashing success on their Denver flights from MEM, upgrading to an A321 to service it.

Southwest is in a bit of change right now, retiring older planes as new ones comes in, not affording much domestic route growth, just playing with frequencies but that will change and I see them adding MEM/DEN as it looks like low hanging fruit to steal from Frontier. They could easily switch LIT for MEM using the same plane as well even if it is one of their no plane change stops to a larger destination for other passengers.

The O&D from MEM continues to grow. They had an increase  of over 13,000 passengers in March over last year's monthly total.

April's number will be a bit wacky as Delta used Memphis as a temp reliever for Atlanta when Hartsfield was shut down from storms.