View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 14, 2017, 12:17 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom In Chicago View Post
I think I made a mistake. . . CTBUH doesn't have reliable building counts for anything under 100m. . . ugh. . . forget I said anything. . . maybe I'll update my original post with a higher threshold. . .

. . .
Its alright, its the effort that matters.

I'm a big fan of the CTBUH. For towers 20 floors or 200 ft or greater, for U.S. cities, they tend to be spot on. What I've noticed is that if a new tower is proposed or modified (when it comes to new height/floor data), might take a week or so for that to be changed. Sometimes not at all, as for example, the Central Park Tower, was listed at 1,775 ft for months, even though it was 1,550 ft without the spire.

They do lack when it comes to China buildings, but I can't blame them or Emporis given that its not so easy to get the data. But they are a good source for U.S. and Canadian Cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
Don't use CTBUH as a source when it comes to <500ft buildings.
I think it depends on the city. I do believe that the CTBUH > Emporis; at least when it comes to total quantity of structures for "X" city. But as we've seen just tracking NYC buildings, its a lot of effort. It requires one to be updated constantly. Now imagine for every.

In the end, the good news is that the U.S. is booming.