View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2018, 12:22 PM

^ Meh, I'm quite skeptical about statements of that kind on the long run anyway.
The UK's been a good customer to a number of French corporations, like those manufacturing luxury goods for instance.
If the British really went worse off, I fear France's trade balance would only turn even worse than it already is.
It's been dangerously negative to Germany.

Those ancient rivalries between European nations may still be funny and entertaining, they're only outdated today, because our economies are so interdependent.

The problem of new businesses in France is not so much foreign competition, but funding.
I think the French financial establishment is often somewhat reluctant when it comes to granting loans to small businesses. That's definitely our main problem here, and London has nothing to do with it.
The French banking sector just needs to remember we have a great tradition for entrepreneurship here, and good ideas too, so they can afford to take more risks.
Sure they would sometimes lose some of their money. Some projects fail sometimes.
But overall, they would make more wealth without a doubt.