View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 20, 2019, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
As a fellow experienced traveler....what reason would you have to take a light rail line from Phoenix to Peoria or PV Mall? What can you not access along the existing light rail line now? The only argument I am open for regards to an extension is to ASU West/ GCU/ Maybe Glendale...
ASU West, ASU Poly (Gateway), and the Glendale sports complex were supposed to be the terminuses of the light rail. Glendale overspent on what increasingly looks like it will be abandoned sports arenas, and isn't willing to connect them to rail.

Beyond that, Peoria is opening up trails, and the Northwest Valley really needs to work on density. A light rail line would help the cities up there plan to where these corridors might be. I suspect that the political powers don't want to give up their power base by allowing more density. It's hard to get elected as right-wingers when the density increases.

I'm mystified why more in the Scottsdale/PV area don't want defined corridors. They can get more people to their amenities, and then send folks away after they have sold them overpriced goods, food, and drinks. It increases the volume of traffic without having to build the parking lots, or deal with the increased congestion and traffic accidents.