View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 2, 2008, 8:52 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramvid01 View Post
^^How is it backward? I don't see your logic, just because one building is numbered lower than another it should be built first? This isn't first grade logic here. The slurry wall was completeld first on the southern side and the northern end (Tower 2) was used to transport dump trucks in and out of the site. Does it still seem backwards to you?

Oh yea, there is still a PATH tracks running tourgh the Freedom Tower Foundations. It is the only reason it is taking longer. Just look jhust north of the core, you'll see a structure, udner which the PATH trains curl around back to New Jersey.

For months everyone, or at least almost everyone, was lead to believe that Tower 2 would be the next one started after the Freedom Tower. The slurry wall should have been done in THAT spot first.

Since T2 is the 2nd tallest structure on the land, to me, it seemed only fitting to get that one going so that it would be the next neighoring tower standing next to the Freedom Tower.

You've got your wires crossed a bit on the PATH tracks. I never once said that the tracks aren't running through the Freedom Tower's infrastucture.

Two years back, I was one of the first ones to post an article stating that the tracks in that area would be slightly moved over to allow the holes in the bedrock to be made so that the foundation's concrete columns can be put into the bedrock for the tower.

And that the PATH service was closing on weekends so that this work can be done. This was about 1-1/2 months before the tower's construction was officiated by Silverstein. And I already know about the PATH tracks going behind or through the FT's foundation and out to New Jersey. You're not telling me anything new.

And since the slurry wall hasn't been put in on that spot yet, how on earth can they begin constr. on the other towers first? I thought that the whole half of Ground Zero on that side had to be completely sealed off from any water coming from the rivers before any of the towers could be started on that side.

Last edited by Daquan13; Mar 2, 2008 at 9:03 PM.