View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 11, 2008, 6:43 PM
ON3P Skis

Can't they start some of these things piecemeal? Hurry up and incorporate a Skytrain station into the design for the new UBC bus terminal and start the cut/cover tunnel along West 10th from Westbrook Mall to Alma (or one block west). There is NO other route it will take in that portion, so let's start now. (and by now I mean March/April 2010). Whatever the decision to run the line down Broadway or West 10th could fairly easily be incorporated.

And for something like the Evergreen line that already been designed and is just waiting for money? The Feds need to step up. If they are willing to give ~$6 billion to 3 auto-dinosaurs, what's $150 million? Now is the time to start issuing tenders and getting the ball rolling. This recession may last longer than the last couple ones, but 2014 is a long long way away.

Oh and that Translink budget deficit? Announce tolling of the Sea-to-Sky highway starting March/April 2010. I live in West Van and go to Whistler every weekend and I still think it should be done. What's another $10 on an $80 ticket? For those living there? If the residents of Surrey/Langley have to pay tolls on bridges, then residents of Whistler/Squamish/Lions Bay don't deserve to get a break. They are getting a safer highway, faster commute, and higher property values, they are winners in this deal no matter what.