View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 26, 2012, 11:44 PM
NEW YORK | CHICAGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280 View Post
Really? I was just going to comment on how I'm glad they are going with dense, mid-rise structures here. The city really needs more 6-10 floor buildings and this is a good place to put them as there really isn't enough critical mass here to justify going highrise.

Also, to see how charcoal precast looks in real life just go look at the Roosevelt Dorm. If this precast looks anywhere near as good as that stuff this building will be awesome looking.
Maybe I'm just biased because I stare at Stuyville all day. Obviously I'm pro development and pro-density. I do like a good mix of densities, but visually, I don't like repetition. I'd much rather have a plan in the mold of Hyde Park City (or whatever they're calling it now) with a mix of high and mid-rise. That's a big podium and a LOT of space/market that this building is gonna take up for 4 buildings that are really massive anyway. Just an aesthetic wish. Not sure if its feasible.

I did stop by Roosevelt in its younger days. The precast was fine but I wasn't blown away by the quality. Hopefully its more like the commercial towers ardecila posted.