View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 4, 2012, 3:12 AM
Khurram Parvaz

Quote:
Now you're just making up numbers and figures that sound nice in your head. How, pray tell, did you come up with your claim that the way the tower debris was strewn was equivalent to a 220 story tower collapsing?
I NEVER said that (read carefully), BUT you just answered your own miscommunication ridden-ed question. One tower had how many floors (110). The other tower had how many floors (110). 110+110=220. Simple (no including such elements as antennas, broadcasters, exterior mass bearing columns, etc.). The debris in a collapse of the twin towers would've equaled appox. 200+ ft (as I stated!).

Quote:
By my very conservative estimates, the collapse of each tower released roughly 30 times more kinetic energy than the collapse of the Mexican building
Ofcourse there was more kinetic energy. What has more (movement) kinetic energy. A 21 story building collapsing at 8 seconds, or two 110 story buildings collapsing at 8 seconds.

Quote:
The other problem is that you still believe in the pancake theory
And so do almost all the professors at MIT.

Quote:
The NIST investigation points to a different theory - that the sagging and weakened trusses pulled the core and perimeter columns together. I believe in the latter theory because it goes hand in hand with my point a few posts above. The towers were designed for the core and perimeter structure to work hand-in-hand to provide gravity and latter support during normal operations. However, this design also worked against the tower after the fireproofing was all blown away because the trusses connecting the core and perimeter, which were designed to connect the two so that they could support the building together, now instead pulled them together to precipitate the collapse of the towers.
Again you're talking about WHY the towers fell. Even if everything NIST stated (as you posted above), that would still constitute pancake upon pancake of floors. Where did all the floors disappear off to (across the street on the WFC, maybe in the Hudson River). There I gave you two choices and you got alot more in your head.

If you need help I'll give the Webster's dictionary definition of two words collapse and explode.

-Collapse: (of a structure) Fall down or in; give way: "the roof collapsed on top of me".

-Explode: Burst or shatter violently and noisily as a result of rapid combustion, decomposition, excessive internal pressure, or other process.

You still haven't explained why there were not piles of floors. I even gave you some extra material for your next post.