View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2011, 3:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMancuso View Post
Not for nothing but this is ridiculous....imo building these "Trophy Towers" of gargantuan size is just a desecration of architecture's purpose and in reality serve no real purpose. While the ESB was basically a trophy, it was at least a skyscraper not a vertical city. Building these giant vertical cities (Burj Khalifa included) simply suppresses true skyscraper achievements worthy of the title of "worlds tallest bldg". I'd much rather see the Willis Tower or Taipei 101 carry that title. It was nice when the worlds tallest title was seized by towers with heights only 100-200 ft. taller than their predecessor. It was a gradual transition of the title that made it fun to watch. Though now Burj Khalifa has created a nearly 1000 foot gap between it and the Willis Tower and if this tower is built it will automatically strip the title from any building built between the heights of 2,716 ft to 5,280 feet....seems kinda silly to me. but of course thats just my opinion.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold