View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 4, 2007, 4:13 AM
OG from the L.B.C.

I count 45 floors in the Walnut street tower. Figure in double hight for the lobby and the mechanical floors on top... and my estimate is 635 to 650ft. The PDF states that the walnut street tower will have a combined 625,000 sqft of office and condo space, plus the 225 room hotel. This is a major tower.

I love the design of the Walnut st. tower (it harkens to Pelli's Torre Crystal going up in Madrid), and can even stomach the Cira 1 cloning of the chestnut street tower, but I would prefer if the roof slope went away from the Postal building. As it is, both Cira 1 and Cira 2 will have north slopes. I think that will look somewhat redundant. They should slope away from each other.

It does bug be that the parking garage is so prominant. But it seems to be clad in a matching glass which could make it look more like a low-rise office block. I also noticed that the roof seems to be landscaped. Green roof or park space? If park space, would be nice if it was open to the public.

The open rail yards are problematic. However, they do allow for the possibility of future development on the site, and/or a new public park.