Thread: CFL 2012 season
View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 6, 2011, 1:44 PM
The New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
I am glad to begin this thread!
To start off how will Toronto fair hosting the 100th Grey Cup, are the Als and Calvaillo too old and have they lost too many assistant coaches now?
Can the Argos become respectable again and draw better crowds?
Will Wally coach again?
Can swaggerville climb the next step while in their beautiful new stadium?
How will the league wide new uniforms in 2012 look?
It's going to be an interesting season, to say the least. Toronto really needs to get their act together, but I'm not confident they'll pull it off. The last Grey Cup in Toronto got lost in the city; it didn't help matters that they had no presence downtown instead opting to concentrate everything next to the Skydome.

Maybe Burris heading to Toronto can turn things around, but what Toronto really needs besides a decent stadium is a likable star like Lulay. It wasn't hard to get behind Lulay and the Lions. Winning helps, but you need personalities that people like and can identify with.

Winnipeg really impressed last season, and I hope they get stronger next year. The Argonauts don't look likely to be competitive, but people said that about the Bombers last year.

League uniforms? I'm anxiously awaiting that too. They really need to do a better job with merchandising, logos, colours, branding, etc. I'd buy stuff if it looked better. Most of the stuff is just awful.

I hope one day they'll roll out CFL stores across Canada so I can stop having to buy online.